Waterloo Regional Police have laid a dozen charges against a pickup-truck driver hauling a trailer loaded with cattle.
• Vice grips holding the truck's brake line together.
• No brake fluid in the truck.
• Six of the eight brakes were not working.
• The hatch holding the trailer was not secure.
• Missing inspection stickers.
• A cracked exhaust system.
• The rear suspension was shifted off the frame.
• An inoperable emergency break away cable.
• One of the truck's tires had 12 psi of air (required amount is 80 psi).
• No parking brake.
• Trailer brake lines cut.
• The cattle trailer was overweight by 3,100 kg.
His was one of 14 commercial vehicles tagged for infractions at a checkpoint set up at St. Jacobs, near the Ontario Livestock Exchange.
The cattle were safely transported to their destination and the vehicle has been taken out of service.