They are offering to cover up to 50 per cent of costs, up to a maximum of $40,000.
There are eight categories:
- education, training, assessment, and planning;
- defining zones and controlled access points;
- establishing cleaning and disinfecting practices;
- establishing isolation or segregation facilities;
- preventing access by wildlife, pests, and rodents;
- establishing facilities to manage deadstock, and
- equipment and services/
The program is open to hog farmers, pork packers, assembly and auction facilities, truckers and veterinary clinics.