Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gray's lawyers want an apology


Lawyers for L.H. Gray & Son Ltd. are fighting back against what’s been posted on this blog.

In a nutshell, they argue that the court actions surrounding the electronic files that whistleblower Norman Bourdeau took from Gray are not about trying to hide those documents, but about trying to get a return of anything the courts won’t need to deal with lawsuits filed by Swedea Farms Ltd.

They say they obtained a court order in Oshawa to have all of the files returned, barring a motion from Swedea or others to seek further directions from the court, and they say so far no such motion has been brought. True. But the case is due for the next court appearance May 10. We shall see what the judge has to say then.

Gray’s lawyers have a lot of additional things to say about my blog, complaining that I have used innuendo to suggest that they are trying to “unlawfully and unethically hide documents” and to object to my saying Gray is spending a small fortune in legal fees to try to shut down Bourdeau. 

I’m sorry they feel that way. I am only trying to report what I have found in court documents, many of them filed by the very same lawyers who are now complaining, and to let you know what’s happening in some of the many ongoing court appearances.

As with normal news reporting, I don’t include everything that’s said and done. I try to highlight what I think will interest you, the reader, and that’s not necessarily what pleases L.H. Gray and Sons and its lawyers.
                                             -30-