The Ontario Federation of Agriculture is advising farmers to take action before more animal activists try to invade farms.
There have been a number of invasions and so far no successful law-enforcement convictions.
The OFA list of advice is:
- Post No Trespassing signs and any necessary biosecurity signs to clearly mark private property.
- Lock all building doors and vehicles. Remove keys from tractors and equipment and store them somewhere safe.
- Monitor visitors and watch for suspicious vehicles or activities on or around farm property.
- Consider adding video surveillance to barns or high traffic areas of the farm.
- Train family and employees how to respond to unwanted visitors and situations that would require calling police.