Thursday, December 3, 2015

Nywening heads CFFO

Clarence Nywening of Thamesville was elected president of the Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario during its annual convention in Waterloo this week.

He runs a broiler hatching egg farm and he and his wife, Pat, were featured in the 2015 Faces of Farming calendar.

He takes over from Lorne Small of Kenilworth who has been president for four consecutive years.

“It’s going to be a big task and I’m encouraged by the support that I have from all the members of this organization and I hope I can do them well as a leader for them,” said Nywening.

His priority is better representation across all of Ontario by improving harmony among staff, board members and by improving communication with the local districts and farmers.


“It hasn’t been emphasized enough and I believe that we’re a grassroots organization and I believe that we need to continue to be a grassroots organization for our members,” he told CKNX Wingham.