Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Donaldson has huge collection


 Jim Donaldson has probably exported more pu


rebred Canadian pigs to more countries and customers than anybody, including some from my father's farm.


And while he was touring the world, he bought pig art until “my wife says enough, enough, no buying anymore.”


He hasn’t counted them all “but I would imagine likely two-to-three hundred,” he is quoted in an online article by the Ontario Pork marketing board.


He visited more than 50 countries and said “if I was in say China, I would make sure to buy a painting. It was my livelihood so whenever I saw a beautiful piece of ceramics or whatever I would buy it.”


His favourite is a five-piece pewter set he bought in the United States.


Ontario Pork said “these priceless pig souvenirs are quite possibly the world’s most unique pig memorabilia collection.“  


“Pigs have been my life and have given me a great life. It’s been such a pleasure to have been a part of the pork industry and have met so many wonderful people,”Donaldson said.


“Pork is such a wonderful food and it’s my favorite meat to eat, and I always tell people - do make sure to put pork on your fork!”